Cherie C. Hill, MD
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, General Ob/Gyn
Office: Emory Clinic Building A, 4th Floor, Emory University Campus
Education & Training
Medical Education: David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, 2009
Residency: Duke University Hospital, 2013 - Concentration in Patient Safety & Quality Improvement
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2015
Areas of Interest
• Robotic (da Vinci) surgery
• Cervical dysplasia
• Ovarian cancer surveillance for women with breast cancer susceptibility genes, BRCA 1 and 2
• Patient safety and quality improvement
• Resident resiliency
Awards and Honors
• Featured Outstanding Faculty, Emory School of Medicine, 2017
• Excellence in Teaching, Teaching in the Operating Room, Emory Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2017
• Mom-Approved Doctor, Atlanta Parent Magazine, 2015
• Duke University Medical Center Division of Gynecologic Oncology Bronze Sucker Award, 2013
• AUGS Award for Excellence in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2012
• Administrative Chief Resident, Duke Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency
• Service Champion Star, Patient & Visitor Relations, Duke University Hospital, 2009, 2011
• Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, 2009
• David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA William Gutierrez Figueroa, MD Award, 2009
Society and Professional Memberships
• American Medical Association
• Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
• American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
• Essential Items for Your Newborn, CNN Accent Health, May 8, 2014
• Creating and Implementing a Wellness and Resiliency Program in Your Residency: The Duke Experience. Round Table Session, CREOG & APGO Annual Meeting, 2014.
• A comparison of trends in the etiology and management of postpartum hemorrhage 2000-2004 versus 2005-2009. Oral Presentation, National Medical Association Annual Clinical Meeting, 2012.
Hill, CC, Lockhart EL, Thames E, Paglia MJ, Small MJ, James AH, Grotegut CA. A comparison of the trends in risk factors and management of severe postpartum hemorrhage: 2000-2004 versus 2005-2009. J Reprod Med. August 2016.
Corwin EJ, Hogue CJ, Pearce B, Hill CC, Read TD, Mulle J, Dunlop AL. Protocol for the Emory University African American Vaginal, Oral, and Gut Microbiome in Pregnancy Cohort Study. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2017 Jun 1;17(1);161. doi: 10.1186/s12884-017-1357-x. PMID: 28571577
Mary Segars Dolan, Cherie Hill, and Fidel A. Valea. "Benign Gynecologic Lesions." In Comprehensive Gynecology, 7th edition. Edited by Lobo, Gershenson, Lentz, Valea. 2017.