Education and Training
The Gynecology and Obstetrics Department
The Emory University School of Medicine's Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics provides excellence in education, patient care, and clinical and basic science research. Under the leadership of our chairman, Ira R. Horowitz, MD, SM, clinical service, teaching, and research are provided through seven divisions comprised of faculty, residents, fellows, and staff located at diverse hospital sites and accompanying clinics, and basic science research laboratories.
Since 1926 when the first resident graduated, the Gynecologic-Obstetrics Integrated Residency Training Program has trained more than 500 gynecologists and obstetricians who practice throughout the United States and the world. More than forty percent of the gynecologists and obstetricians practicing in Georgia received at least part of their education at Emory University School of Medicine.
Faculty members and voluntary clinical faculty members serve a diverse patient population with conditions ranging from uncomplicated pregnancies to complex problems such as infertility, cancer, pelvic floor dysfunction, and congenital anomalies.
For further information: