Vinita Alexander, MD
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Advanced Pelvic Surgery Fellow
Office: Practice Location Rotates
Education and Training
Medical Education: University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health, MD, 2013
Residency: Emory University School of Medicine, Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2017
Fellowship: Emory University School of Medicine, Advanced Pelvic Surgery, in progress
Awards and Honors
• Excellence in Resident Research, Emory University School of Medicine, Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2015, 2017
• Golden Apple Teaching Award, Emory University School of Medicine, Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2015, 2016, 2017
• American Medical Association Research Symposium Winner, Best Overall Poster Presentation by a Resident or a Fellow, 2015
• Silver Apple Teaching Award, , Emory University School of Medicine, Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2014
• Edmond J. and Estelle D. Walker Scholarship, Wisconsin Medical Society, 2012
• Howard Hughes Medical Institute – National Institutes of Health (HHMI-NIH) Medical Research fellowship, 2011
Society and Professional Memberships
• American Medical Association
• Medical Association of Georgia
• American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Alexander VM, Gordon AN, Howard DH, Khanna N. Outcomes and Cost Analysis of Surveillance Strategies After Initial Treatment for Women with Recurrent Ovarian Cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2017 Jul 7. doi: 10.1097/IGC.0000000000001040. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 28692633
Alexander VM, Meisel J, O’Brien S, Khanna N. Wilms’ tumor of the ovary. Gynecol Oncol Rep. 2016 Dec14;19:18-21. doi: 10.1016/j.gore.2016.12.004. PMID: 28018955
Ahmed, NA, Demorest-Hayes K, Alexander VM, Seo S, Yang D, Rose S. Increased Notch 1 Expression is Associated with Poor Overall Survival in Patients with Ovarian Cancer. Int J of Gynecol Cancer. 2015 Feb; 25(2):208-13.
Alexander, VM. Choyke PL, Kobayashi H. Fluorescent molecular imaging: technical progress and current preclinical and clinical applications in urogynecologic diseases. Curr Mol Med. Dec 2013; 13(10):1568-78.
Alexander, VM. Sano K, Yu Z, Nakajima T, Choyke, P, Ptazek M, Kobayashi H. Galactosyl Human Serum Albumin-NMP1 Conjugate: A Near Infrared (NIR)-Activatable Fluorescence Imaging Agent to Detect Peritoneal Ovarian Cancer Metastases. Bioconjug Chem 2012; 23(8):1671-9.
Alexander VM, Roy M, Steffens KA, Kunnimalaiyaan M, Chen H. Azacytidine induces cell cycle arrest and suppression of neuroendocrine markers in carcinoids. Int J Clin Exp Med 2010; 3(2):95-102.
Sun, B, Ma L, Yan X, Lee D, Alexander V, Hohmann LJ, Lorang C, Chadnrasena L, Tian Q, Hood L. N-glycoproteome of E14.Tg2a mouse embryonic stem cells. PLoS One 2013; 8(2):e55722-
Sun, B, Utleg AG, Hu Z, Qin S, Keller A, Lorang C, Gray L, Brightman A, Lee D, Alexander VM, Ranish JA, Moritz RL, Hood L. Glycocapture- Assisted Global Quantitative Proteomics Reveals Multiorgan Responses in Blood Toxicoproteome. J Proteome Res 2013; 12(5): 2034-44.
Sun, B. Ranish JA, Utleg AG, Hu Z, Keller A, Qin S, Lorang C, Gray L, Brightman A, Lee D, Alexander VM, Moritz RL, Hood L. Glycocapture- Assisted Global Quantitative Proteomics Reveals Multiorgan Responses in Blood Toxicoproteome. 2012 Am Soc Mass Spectrom Proceedings.
Alexander, VM. Wilms’ tumor of the ovary in a pregnant patient and management of gynecologic malignancy in the obstetric patient. October 2016. Oral presentation at the 31st Annual Mid-Atlantic Gynecologic Oncology Society (MAGOS) Meeting. Baltimore, MD.
Alexander, VM. Outcomes of surveillance strategies after initial treatment of women with recurrent ovarian cancer.
• October 2015. Oral presentation at the 30th Annual Mid-Atlantic Gynecologic Oncology Society (MAGOS) Meeting. Camden, NJ.
• November 2015. Poster presentation at the 13th Annual American Medical Association (AMA) Research Symposium. Atlanta, GA.
• January 2016. Podium presentation at South Atlantic Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (SAAOG). Charleston, SC.
• June 2016. Poster presentation at Mr. Booth and Dr. James Zaidan Resident Research Day, Grady Memorial Hospital. Atlanta, GA.
Alexander, VM. GSA-NMP1 Conjugate: An NIR-Activatable Fluorescence Imaging Agent to Detect Peritoneal Ovarian Cancer Metastases.
• May 2012. Oral Presentation. Program of the 2012 Meeting of HHMI Research Scholars and Medical Fellows. Chevy Chase, MD.
• April 2012. Poster Presentation. Program of the 2012 NIH Research Festival. Bethesda, MD.
• Mar 2012. Oral Presentation. Program of the 12th Annual NCI CCR (Nat’l Cancer Institute) Fellows & Young Investigators Colloquium. Bethesda, MD.
• Mar 2012. Poster Presentation. Program of the 2012 American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL.