The Maternal-Fetal Medicine division provides services at the Emory Perinatal Center, Emory University Hospital Midtown, and the Emory Regional Perinatal Center, Grady Health System. These services include:
- Pre-conception counseling for women with medical problems that could affect pregnancy.
- Management of pregnancy complicated by diabetes, gastrointestinal issues, cardio-pulmonary conditions, or infectious diseases.
- State-of-the-art ultrasound examinations, including 3D and 4D.
- First and second trimester diagnosis of fetal chromosomal problems using cell-free fetal DNA, CVS, and amniocentesis.
- Management of multiple pregnancies (e.g. twins and triplets)
- Management of pregnancies in women of advanced maternal age (women older than 35).
- Prenatal interventions.
- Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU) for high-risk newborns