Michael Lindsay, MD, MPH
Luella Klein Associate Professor
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Education and Training
Medical School: Yale University School of Medicine
Residency: Boston City Hospital
Fellowship: Maternal-Fetal Medicine, University of Cincinnati Medical Center
Graduate Education: Masters in Public Health, Emory University School of Public Health, Atlanta, Georgia
Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Maternal-Fetal Medicine, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Areas of Interest
• HIV in pregnancy
• Diabetes in pregnancy
Awards and Honors
• General Board Examiner ABOG 1994-present
• Obstetrics Teacher of the Year, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2010
• Abstract Reviewer Annual SMFM Meeting, 2000-present
• Black Enterprise America’s Leading Physicians, 2001, 2008
• Atlanta Magazine Top Doctors, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
• MFM Board Examiner, ABOG 2004-present
• Award for Excellence in Teaching (selected by the residents): Maternal-Fetal Medicine, 2011, 2012, 2013
• Award for Excellence in Teaching (selected by the residents): Obstetrics at Grady, 2011
• Best Doctors in America, 2011-2012
• Atlanta Super Doctors, 2012
Society and Professional Memberships
• Chair, Georgia Maternal Mortality Review Committee
• American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
• American Medical Association
• Association of Professors of Gynecology & Obstetrics
• Atlanta Medical Association
• National Medical Association
Platner M, Loucks TL, Lindsay MK, Ellis JE. Pregnancy-Associated Deaths in Rural, Nonrural and Metropolitan Areas of Georgia. Obstet Gynecol. 2016 Jun 7. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 27275792
Rimawi BH, Green V, Lindsay M. Fetal Implications of Diagnostic Radiation Exposure During Pregnancy: Evidence-based Recommendations. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2016 June;59(2):412-8. doi: 10.1097/GRF. 0000000000000187. PMID: 26982251
Krishna I, Badell M, Loucks TL, Lindsay M, Samuel A. Adverse perinatal outcomes are more frequent in pregnancies with a low fetal fraction result on noninvasive prenatal testing. Prenat Diagn. 2016 Mar;36(3):210-5. doi: 10.1002/pd.4779. PMID: 26783737
Burnett E, Loucks TL, Lindsay M. Perinatal Outcomes in HIV Positive Pregnant Women with Concomitant Sexually Transmitted Infections. Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2015;2015:508482. Epub 2015 Mar 31. PMID 25918481
Lindsay MK. Women with HIV infection on antiretroviral therapy with low viral loads can safely opt for vaginal delivery in the absence of obstetrical risk factors. Evid Based Med. 2014 Apr 3. doi: 10.1136/eb-2013-101641. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 24698948
Lindsay MK, Burnett E. The use of narcotics and street drugs during pregnancy. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2013 Mar;56(1):133-41. doi: 10.1097/GRF.0b013e31827fb6ad.
Krishna I, Lindsay, M. Breast cancer in pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 2013 Sept; 40(3):559-71. doi: 10.1016/j.ogc.2013.05.006. Epub 2013 Jul 30. PMID: 24021257
Badell ML, Kachikas A, Haddad LB, Nguyen ML, Lindsay M. Comparison of pregnancies between perinatally and sexually HIV-infected women: an observational study at an urban hospital. Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2013;2013:301763. doi: 10.1155/2013/301763. Epub 2013 Sep 9. PMID: 24106419
Badell ML, Lindsay M. Thirty years later: pregnancies in females perinatally infected with human immunodeficiency virus-1. AIDS Res Treat. 2012:418630. PMID: 22970353.
Tuuli M, Duong TN, Yost NP, Ellis J, Burke CY, Basanta-Henry P, Lindsay MK. Postpartum contraceptive preferences of HIV-infected women in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) and scheduled cesarean delivery. Contraception 2011 (In Press).
Satpathy HK, Lindsay MK, Kawwass JF. Novel H1N1 virus infection and pregnancy. Postgraduate Medicine 2009;121:106-12.
Tepper NK, Farr SL, Danner SP, Jamieson DJ, Rivero BA, Maupin R, Bulterys M, Webber MP, Nesheim S, Lindsay MK. Rapid HIV testing in Obstetrics-Gynecology outpatient settings: the MIRAID Study. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2009;201:31e1-6.
Lindsay MK. The tragedy of childbirth vesicovaginal fistula: time for action. Journal National Medical Association 2009;101(6) 596.