Andrea Joyner, MD, IBCLC
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, General Ob/Gyn at Grady
Associate Medical Director
Nurse Midwifery Services
Office: Grady Memorial Hospital
Education and Training
Medical Education: University of South Alabama College of Medicine, MD, 2007
Residency: University of Connecticut Health Center, 2011
• American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2014
• Lactation Consultant, International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners, 2015
Areas of Interest
• Breastfeeding Medicine
• Perinatal Mood Disorders
• Centering Pregnancy
• Female Sexual Dysfunction
• Resident and Medical Student Education
Awards and Honors
• CREOG Excellence in Teaching Award, 2016-2017
• Crystal Apple for Excellence in Medical Student Education, Emory University School of Medicine, 2017
• Excellence in Teaching, Teaching in the Outpatient Clinic, Emory Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2017
• Excellence in Teaching: Obstetrics at Grady, 2016
• New Faculty Teaching Award, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Connecticut Health Center, 2014
• Obstetrics and Gynecology Society Alumni Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Connecticut Health Center, 2011
• Dr. Ferdinand Sauer Award, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Connecticut Health Center, 2008
• Randall Undergraduate Outstanding Research Award, University of Alabama, 2003
Society and Professional Memberships
• American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
• American Association for Physician Leadership
• Society for Academic Specialists in General Obstetrics and Gynecology
• Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics
• Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
Morosky CM, Joyner AB. Blood product transfusion for massive hemorrhage. Postgraduate Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2013 Mar 15; 33(5):1-8
Joyner AB, Runowicz CD. Ovarian cancer screening and early detection. Women’s Health (Lond Engl.) 2009 Nov;5(6):693-9.
Williams SN, Locke CH, Braden AL, Caldwell KA, Caldwell GA. Epileptic-like convulsions associated with LIS-1 in the cytoskeletal control of neurotransmitter signaling in Caenorhabditis elegans. Hum Mol Genet. 2004 Sept 15:13(18):2043-59.
Posters and Presentations
Joyner A, Morosky C, Rossi C, Russo J. CenteringPregnancy: Better Prenatal Care at the Hospital of Central Connecticut. 2nd Annual Patient Experience Collaborative: Showcasing Best Practice and Innovation Across Hartford HealthCare, Hartford, CT. April 2014.
Kueck A, Johnson A, Morosky C, Deckers E, Joyner A. Innovative approaches to evaluate and document milestones: optimizing the resident retreat. AAMC Northeast Group on Educational Affairs 2014 Annual Retreat, New Haven, CT. April 2014.
Deckers E, Kueck A, Johnson A, Joyner A, Morosky C. Assessment of intern confidence with OB-GYN procedures prior to participation in OB-GYN Boot Camp. 2014 CREOG & APGO Annual Meeting. Atlanta, GA. February 2014.
Johnson A, Deckers E, Joyner A. Code Signs: The Role of the Mega Code in Ob-Gyn Training. Round Table Discussion. 2014 CREOG & APGO Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA February 2014.
Spiel M, Hoffman J, Zhou X, Luciano A, Joyner A. 2D, 3D, and power Doppler ultrasound to predict the history of adnexal masses. SGO 18th Annual Winter Meeting. Beaver Creek, CO. February 2013.
Joyner AB, Proffer A, Hoffman J, Zhou X, Feasibility of high para-aortic lymphadenectomy with the robot approach: a video presentation. New England Association of Gynecologic Oncologists Annual Conference. Booth Bay Harbor, ME. June 2010.
Joyner AB, Sorosky J, Currie C R-M, Mandavilli C, Brown A, Currie JL. Neuroendorine tumor of the uterus after uterine artery embolization for leiomyomas: a case report. New England Association of Gynecologic Oncologists Annual Conference. New Castle, NH. June 2009.
Braden AL, Williams SN, Caldwell KA, Caldwell GA. Induction of LIS-1 related seizures in C. elegans. American Society for Cell Biology Annual Meeting. San Francisco, CA. December 2002.