Britton Chahine, MD
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Gynecologic Specialties
Obstetrics and Gynecology Simulation Program
Office: Grady Memorial Hospital
Education & Training
Medical Education: Eastern Virginia Medical School, MD, 1991
Residency: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1995
Fellowship: Pelvic Surgery, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Emory University School of Medicine, 1998
• American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology (recertification annually)
• Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS)
• Nationally Certified Menopause Provider, The North American Menopause Society (NAMS), 2018
Areas of Interest
• minimally invasive treatment of fibroids and benign gynecologic disorders
• treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding
• benign gynecologic pathology
• Asherman's disease
• ovarian cysts
Awards and Honors
• Distinguished Award for Mentorship, Emory Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2017
• CREOG Excellence in Teaching Award, 2016
• Excellence in Teaching Award: Gynecologic Surgery at Grady, 2016
• Top Doctors, Washingtonian Magazine, 2008, 2010, 2014
• Excellence in Teaching Award, The George Washington University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2009, 2010
Society & Professional Memberships
• American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
• American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
• American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
• Association for Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics
• Society for Simulation in Healthcare
Chahine EB, Han CH, Auguste T. Construct Validity of a Simple Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy Model Using a Validated Objective Structured Assessment of Technical Skills. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2017 May 16. pii: S1553-4650(17)30291-1. doi: 10.1016/j.jmig.2017.05.001. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 28526619
Nadim Hawa, MD, James Robinson III, MD, and Britton Elizabeth Chahine, MD. Combined Preoperative Angiography with Transient Uterine Artery Embolization Makes Laparoscopic Surgery for Massive Myomatous Uteri a Reasonable Option: Case Reports. Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, Vol 19, No 3, May/June 2012.
Klunk K, Alagia P, Robinson J, Chahine B, Shutter J. Does intra-operative dilation and curettage allow better evaluation of the endometrium of the morcellated uterus? Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, 132: 1508-1509, 2008.
Keefe KA, Chahine EB, et al. Fluorescence detection of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia for photodynamic therapy with the topical agents 5-aminolevulini acid and benzoporphyrin-derivative monoacid ring. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 184(6): 1164-9, 2001.
Books and Book Chapters
Chahine, Catherino. “Minimally Invasive Treatment for Fibroids.” In Fibroids – Gynecology in Practice Series, Wiley-Black, 2013.
Bathgate SL, Chahine, EB, Larsen JW, Macri CJ: “Exercise in pregnancy and beyond: Benefits for long-term health.” In: Garrick JC, ed. Orthopaedic Knowledge Update: Sports Medicine 3, Rosemont, Ill. Academic Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons; 279-387, 2004.
Posters and Presentations
E. Britton Chahine. Vaginal Application of the EndoCatch Bag. The 43rd AAGL Global Congress of Minimally Invasive Gynecology. Scientific Video Poster, 2014.
Charelle M Carter MD, E. Britton Chahine, MD, G. Kirk Southern, BA; Rachel K. Scott, MD, MPH. Patient Adherence to Medical Management of Ectopic Pregnancy. ACOG Annual Clinical Meeting, 2014.
Klunk K, Alagia P, Robinson J, Chahine B, Shutter J. Does intra-operative dilation and curettage allow better evaluation of the endometrium of the morcellated uterus? College of American Pathologists Annual Meeting, 2008.
James Robinson, MS, MD, Nancy Gaba MD, E. Britton Chahine, MD. Objective Structured Assessment of Residents’ Ability to Perform Hysteroscopic Sterilization. Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2008.
A Curriculum Module for Teaching Residents Thermachoice Endometrial Ablation Utilizing an Objective Structured Assessment of Technical Skills (OSATS). American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, 2007.
E.B. Chahine, K. Keefe, L. Liaw, T. Krasieva, M. Berns, M. Berman, A. Manetta, Y. Tadir. Localization of Benzoporphyrin Derivative (BPD) and 5-Aminolevulinic Acid (ALA) photosynthesizer in CIN. Society of Gynecologic Oncologists Annual Meeting, 1997.