Sana Ansari, MD
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
Office: Emory Women's Center, Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital Campus
Education & Training
Medical Education: University of Illinois College of Medicine, 2010
Residency: Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, NJ, 2014
Fellowship: The Christ Hospital/University of Cincinnati, 2017
Awards and Honors
• Nominee for UMDNJ Medical School Golden Apple Teaching Award, 2014
• Clinical Chief Resident, 2013-2014
• AUGS Award for Excellence in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
• ACOG Congressional Leadership Conference, Junior Fellow, 2012, 2013
• Resident of the Month, 2011
• UIC College of Medicine Class of 2010 Vice President, 2008-2010
• UIC College of Medicine Scholarship, 2006
Society and Professional Memberships
• American Urogynecologic Society
• American Urological Association
• American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
“Female urethral reconstruction with acellular urinary bladder matrix, a case report.” American Urogynecologic Society annual meeting, poster presentation, 2016.
“Medicare claims by region and physician practice type in obstetrics and gynecology.” Society of Gynecologic Surgeons annual meeting, poster presentation, 2016.
“Role of cystoscopy during hysterectomy.” International Academy of Pelvic Surgery: Follow the Evidence. April 2016.
“Surgical management of posterior vaginal wall mesh complication.”
--Society of Gynecologic Surgeons annual meeting, non-oral video presentation, April 2016
--International Urogynecological Association annual meeting, non-oral video presentation, June 2015
“Excision of recurrent urethral diverticulum and urethral reconstruction.” North Central Section of the American Urological Association annual meeting, surgical video podium presentation, 2015.
“Prevalence of de novo OAB and SUI symptoms after TVTO.” New Jersey Obstetrical and Gynecological Society annual meeting, poster presentation, 2013; American Urogynecologic Society, poster presentation, 2013.