General Obstetrics and Gynecology
Site Director, Campus Bldg A 4th Floor Clinical Practice
Medical Education: Georgetown University School of Medicine, MD, 1983
Residency: Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, 1987
Graduate Education: Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, MPH, 1983
Certifications: American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1990
• American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
• American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
• Alpha Epsilon Delta Honor Society
• Community Preceptor of the Year, Physician Assistant Program, Emory University School of Medicine, 2014
• Excellence in Teaching: Gynecologic Surgery at Emory, 2013, 2014
• Golden Apple Teaching Award, 2009
• Chosen best faculty teacher CWL Hospital, 2006
Emory Clinic, Emory University Campus
|Emory Clinic, Emory University Hospital Midtown
Medical Office Tower, 8th Floor
550 Peachtree Street, NE
Atlanta, GA 30308
Directions and Map
• Minimally invasive/laparoscopic surgery including DaVinci robotic surgery
• Advanced vaginal surgery including prolapsed female organs and vaginal hysterectomy
• Human papillomavirus
Galbraith EM, Weiss SH, Fisher MR, Book WM.Twin pregnancy in a woman with pulmonary atresia, ventricular septal defect, and aortopulmonary collaterals complicated by Eisenmenger physiology. Int J Cardiol. 2011 Oct 6;152(1):e14-5. Epub 2010 Oct 20.
Weiss SH. Section X: Vulvar Lesions, Chapter 64 Bartholin Duct cyst. In:Avoiding Common Obstetrics and Gynecology Errors. Carla P. Roberts, Dianna Broomfield Eds. Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, pp 197-198, December 2010.
Weiss SH. Section XIX: Miscellaneous Office Gynecology, Chapter 142 Diagnostic office procedures: Locating the cervix; Chapter 143 Transcervical procedures; Chapter 144 Bonus Pearls of Wisdom for Office procedures. In:Avoiding Common Obstetrics and Gynecology Errors. Carla P. Roberts, Dianna Broomfield Eds. Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, pp 421-425, December 2010.
Kottke M, Cwiak C. Nondaily Contraceptive Options: User Benefits, Potential for High Continuation, and Counseling Issues. Obstet Gynecol Surv, Vol. 63, No. 10, p. 661-8, October 2008.
Ask the Doctor columnist for “Pregnancy Magazine” available monthly nationwide and distributed free by obstetricians offices 2005-Present.