Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
Medical Education: Touro University, College of Osteopathic Medicine, DO, 2009
Residency: Danbury Hospital, 2013
Fellowship: Mount Sinai Hospital, 2016
Graduate Education: Union Graduate College, MBA in Health Systems Administration, 2004
Certifications: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
• American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
• Englewood Hospital Research Day Best Oral Presentation, 2015
• Danbury Hospital Residency Gynecologic Skills Award, 2013
• Danbury Hospital Chief Administration Resident Award, 2013
• University of Vermont Medical School Excellence in Teaching Award, 2013
• Shoreh Shahabi Award for Excellence in Translational Research, 2012
• University of Vermont Medical School Excellence in Teaching Award,2012
• Selected as alternate for the TEVA/ACOG Ob-Gyn Reporter Program, 2012
• Danbury Hospital Research Day 3rd place case presentation:Ectopic Decision Making in a Bilateral Ectopic Pregnancy, 2011
• TOPS Award for the physician at Danbury Hospital – highest volume of patient praise on Press Ganey Surveys 2009-2010
• TOUCH Award for Community Service Excellence, 2007
• Inducted as a member of The Sigma Sigma Phi Osteopathic Medical Honor Society, 2007
Emory Women's Center at Emory Saint Joseph's
Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery
Painful bladder syndrome and Interstitial cystitis -Fistula -Urethral diverticulum -Pain with intercourse -Vaginal mesh removal -Vaginal agenesis -Neovagina
Bladder interstitial cells
Bladder fluid dynamics
Urogynecologic applications of 3-D Printing -Bioimpedance detection of gynecologic malignancy -Bioinnovation
Kelley RS, Vardy MD, Simons G, Chen H, Anscher-Walsh C, Brodman M. A pilot study of cardiac electrophysiology catheters to map and pace bladder electrical activity. Neurourol Urodyn. 2016 Aug 5. doi: 10.1002/nau.23087. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 27494644
Steele SR, Varma MG, Prichard D,… Kelley, Robert, ct al. The Evolution of Evaluation and Management of Urinary or Fecal Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse. Curr Probl Surg. 2015;54(3):92-136.
Kelley R, Garely AD. Urogynecologic Conditions: Urinary Incontinence. FP Essent. 2015;430:11-6
Cohen MS, Stern JM, Vanni AJ, Kelley RS, Baugmart E, Field D, Libertino JA, Summerhayes IC. In Vitro Analysis of a Nanocrystalline Silver Coated Polypropylene Mesh. Surgical Infections. 2007 Nov; 8(3):397-404. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 17635063.
R. S. Kelley, A. Tran, D. Isaacson, J. Newell, G. Saulnier, A. Vargas, K. Zakashansky, C. Ascher-Walsh. Complex Conductivity of Normal and Neoplastic Uterus. Poster, SGS 43nd Annual Scientific Meeting 2016.
R. S. Kelley and S. Wallace, G. Descalzi, J.A. Fantl, C. Ascher-Walsh. Transdermal Light Neuromodulation: First Investigation of Optogenetics in the Urinary Tract. Oral Presentaion, SGS 42nd Annual Scientific Meeting 2016.
F. Tudela, R.S. Kelley, C. Ascher-Walsh, J. Stone. The Use of Low Cost 3D Printing Technology for the Creation of Cervical Cerclage Pessary Used to Prevent Preterm Birth: a Preliminary Study. Submitteed for ACOG Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting 2016.
R.S. Kelley, M. D. Vardy, G. Simons, H. Chen, C. Ascher-Walsh, M. Brodman. Use of a Cardiac Electrophysiology Catheter to Map and Pace Bladder Electrical Activity. Oral Poster Presentation at PFD Week 2015. Oral Presentation SUFU 2016.
A. Hardart, M. Barsky, R.S. Kelley, F. Tudela, F.Y. Bhora. Novel Use of 3-D Printing Technology to Customize a Pessary. Video Poster at PFD Week 2015.
Robert S. Kelley, DO, MBA, Robert Samuelson, MD. Robert Cooper, MD, Steve Sieber, MD, Shohreh Shahabi, MD. Longterm Primary Chemotherapy in a Case of Uterine Carcinosarcoma with Pulmonary Metastasis Belsky Research Day 2013.
M.K. Guess, M. Shah, T. Wedderburn, R.S.Kelley, V. Towle, M. Juthani-Mehta. Bacteriuria in Women with Pelciv Floor Disorders. American Urogynecologic Society Scientific Meeting 2012.
Charis Venditti, MD, Robert S. Kelley, DO, MBA, Robert Samuelson, MD, Mary Chacho, MD, Robert Kloss, MD, Shohreh Shahabi, ,MD. Malignant Transformation of a foci of Endometriosis of the Colonic Wall: The First Reported Case. New England Association for Gynecologic Oncologists, 6/2012.
Robert S. Kelley, DO, MBA, Joshua Hurwitz, MD. Ectopic Decision Making in a Bilateral Ectopic Pregnancy. Belsky Research Day 2011.