Megan Myers, PhD, MPH
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Family Planning and Adolescent Reproductive Health
Office: Jane Fonda Center
Education and Training:
Doctorate: University of Regensburg, Germany, PhD, 2017
Graduate: LMU Munich, Germany, MPH, 2010
Undergraduate: Auburn University, Alabama, BA, 2003
Industry experience in project management, 2004-2011
Healthcare consulting, 2013-2017
Areas of Interest:
- Adolescent sexual and reproductive health
- Barriers to reproductive care
- Reproductive justice
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Condom distribution pathways
- Sex education
- Female sexual dysfunction
- Global public health
- Social marketing
- Implementation science
Awards and Honors:
- Best Presentation on Female Sexual Dysfunction, 2015
- Grant for the Empowerment of Women, 2014
Society and Professional Memberships:
- Junior Fellow, Society of Family Planning
- International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health
- Atlanta Coalition for LGBTQ Youth
- Association of Reproductive Health Professionals
- Emory Alliance for Women in Medicine and Science
McCool-Myers M. Invited Commentary: “Revisiting Ray Moynihan.” Journal of Sexual Medicine, 2017 Dec;14(12):1492-3.
McCool ME, Zuelke A, Theurich MA, Knuettel H, Ricci C, Apfelbacher C. “Prevalence of female sexual dysfunction among premenopausal women: A systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies.” Sexual Medicine Reviews, 2016 Jul;4(3):197-212.
McCool ME, Apfelbacher C, Brandstetter S, Mottl M, Loss J. “Diagnosing and treating female sexual dysfunction: A survey of the perspectives of obstetricians and gynaecologists.” Sexual Health, 2016 Jun;13(3):234-40.
McCool ME, Apfelbacher C. “Gender inequality is significantly correlated with sexual dysfunction in women of reproductive age across the globe.” Gesundheitswesen, 2015 Sept;77:A141.
McCool ME, Theurich MA, Apfelbacher C. “Prevalence and predictors of female sexual dysfunction: A protocol for a systematic review.” Systematic Reviews, 2014 Jul;3:75.
Theurich MA, McCool ME. “Moving national breastfeeding policies into practice: A plea to integrate lactation education and training into nutrition and dietetics programs in the United States.” Journal of Human Lactation, 2016 Jun;32(3):563-7.
Brandstetter S, McCool M, Wise M, Loss J. “Australian health promotion practitioners' perceptions on evaluation of empowerment and participation.” Health Promotion International, 2014 Mar;29(1):70–80.