Medical Education: University of Rochester School of Medicine, MD, 2006
Residency: Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2010
Fellowship: Emory University School of Medicine, Maternal-Fetal Medicine, 2013
• American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2011
• American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maternal-Fetal Medicine, 2015
• The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
• Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine
• Georgia Obstetrical and Gynecological Society
• Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology (CREOG) Excellence in Teaching Award, 2014-2015
• Excellence in Teaching Award: Maternal-Fetal Medicine, 2015
• Excellence in Teaching Residents Award, 2012, 2013
• Outstanding Clinical Research Proposal by a Fellow, 2011
• Outstanding Clinician Award in Maternal-Fetal Medicine, 2010
• Chief Administrative Resident, 2009-2010
• Golden Apple Award, 2007-2009
Emory University Hospital Midtown
• High-risk pregnancy
• Human immunodeficiency virus and pregnancy
• Congenital heart defects and pregnancy
• Obstetrical and neonatal outcomes in women with congenital heart defects
• Pregnancy outocmes in women with preinatally infected human
• Pregnancy intentions in women with human immunodeficiency virus
Badell ML, Meaney-Delman D, Tuuli MG, Rasmussen SA, Petersen BW, Sheffield JS, Beigi RH, Damon IK, Jamieson DJ. Risks Associated With Smallpox Vaccination in Pregnancy: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Obstet Gynecol. 2015 Jun; 125(6):1439-1451. PMID: 26000516
Martin A, Krishna I,Badell M, Samuel A. Can the quantity of cell-free fetal DNA predict preeclampsia: a systematic review. Prenatal Diagnosis. 2014 Jul;34(7):685-91.
Rahangdale L, Stewart A, Stewart RD, Badell M, Levison J, Ellis P, Cohn SE, Kempf MC, Lazenby GB, Tandon R, Rana A, Nguyen ML, Sturdevant MS, Cohan D. Pregnancy Intentions Among Women Living With HIV in the United States. HOPES (HIV and OB Pregnancy Education Study). J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2014 Mar 1;65(3):306-11. PMID: 24525467
Martin A, Krishna I, Ellis J, Paccione R, Badell M. Super obesity in pregnancy: difficulties in clinical management. Journal of PerinatologyJ Perinatol. 2014 Feb 6. doi: 10.1038/jp.2014.4. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 24503915
Badell ML, Kachikas A, Haddad LB, Nguyen ML, Lindsay M. Comparison of pregnancies between perinatally and sexually HIV-infected women: an observational study at an urban hospital. Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2013;2013:301763. doi: 10.1155/2013/301763. Epub 2013 Sep 9. PMID: 24106419
Badell ML, Lindsay M. Thirty years later: pregnancies in females perinatally infected with human immunodeficiency virus-1. AIDS Res Treat. 2012:418630. PMID: 22970353.
Smith JA, Badell ML, Kunther A, Palmer JL, Dalrymple JL, Ramin SM, Use of complementary and alternative medications among patients in an obstetrics and gynecology clinic. J Reprod Med. 2012 Sep-Oct; 57(9-10):390-6. PMID: 23091985.
Goetzl L, Rivers J, Zighelboim I, Wali A, Badell M, Suresh MS. Intraparatum epidural analgesia and maternal temperature regulation. Obstet Gynecol 2007, March;109(3):687-90.
Badell ML, Ramin SM, Smith JA. Treatment options for nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. Pharmacotherapy. 2006 September;26(9):1273-87.
Goetzl L, Zighelboim I, Badell M, Rivers J, Mastrangelo MA, Tweardy D, Suresh MS. Maternal corticosteroids to prevent intrauterine exposure to hyperthermia and inflammation: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006 October;195(4):1031-7.
Navo M, Kunthur A, Badell ML, Cofffer LW II, Markman M, Brown J, and Smith JA. Evaluation of the incidence of carboplatin hypersensitivity reactions in cancer patients. Gynecol Oncol. 2006 November;103(2):608-13.
Badell M, Raynor BD. Herpes Simplex Virus and Pregnancy. Postgraduate Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2011 Mar; 31(6)
Badell M,Taylor RN. Chapter 16: The Endocrinology of Pregnancy. In: Gardner DG, Shoback D, eds. Greenspan’s Basic and Clinical Endocrinology, 9th Edition. The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011:553-572.
Badell M. Acute heavy bleeding should be treated with estrogen or dilation and curettage. In: Roberts CP, Broomfield DP, eds. Avoiding Common Obstetrics and Gynecology Errors, Section VII: Abnormal Bleeding. Philadelphia PA: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2010:132-133.
Badell M. All postmenopausal bleeding is cancer until proven otherwise. In: Roberts CP, Broomfiled DP, eds. Avoiding Common Obstetrics and Gynecology Errors, Sectio XVII: Menopause. Philadelphia PA: Lippincott Williams and Wilkings; 2010:360-1.