Medical Education: Wayne State University School of Medicine, MD, 1986
Residency: University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1990
Certifications: American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1992
• American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
• Atlanta Obstetrical and Gynecological Society
• Georgia Obstetrical and Gynecological Society
• Mom-Approved Doctor, Atlanta Parent Magazine, 2016
• Excellence in Teaching: Obstetrics at Emory, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
• Excellence in Overall Support and Mentorship, 2015
• American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists CREOG National Faculty Award, Emory University
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2012
• American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists CREOG National Faculty Award, Oakwood Hospital
and Medical Center, 2010, 2009
• American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists CREOG National Faculty Award, Mt. Sinai Hospital
and Queens Hospital Center, 2008, 2005, 2002
• Air Force Commendation Medal, First Oak Leaf Cluster for Meritorious Service, Luke AFB, 1994
• Air Force Commendation Medal for Meritorious Service, Shaw AFB, 1992
• National Defense Ribbon, 1991
Emory Clinic, Emory University Campus
|Emory Clinic, Emory University Hospital Midtown
Medical Office Tower, 8th Floor
550 Peachtree Street, NE
Atlanta, GA 30308
Directions and Map
• Recurrent pregnancy loss
• Medical and surgical management of abnormal uterine bleeding
• Premature ovarian failure
• High risk obstetrics
• Resident and medical student education
• Shulman RW, Ault KA, Martinuzzi K. Life-threatening hemorrhage in a 43 year-old female due to ruptured ectopic with a concurrent intrauterine pregnancy. Presentation at the 77th Annual Meeting of the South Atlantic Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologist, Jan 2015. Asheboro, North Carolina
• Park B, Collins E, Martinuzzi K. Life Threatening Aortic Regurgitation Requiring Emergency Aortic Valve Replacement in Pregnancy. Presentation at the 76th Annual Meeting of the South Atlantic Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologist, Jan 2014. Lake Bueno Vista, Florida
• Lange A, Martinuzzi K. Spontaneous Uterine Artery Rupture after Minimal Maternal Effort in Labor. Oral Presentation at the 75th Annual Meeting of the South Atlantic Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologist. Jan 2013. White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia
• Eliyahu E, Shtraizent N, Martinuzzi K, Barritt J, He X, Wei H, Chaubal S, Copperman AB, Schuchman EH: Acid ceramidase improves the quality of oocytes and embryos and the outcome of in vitro fertilization. FASEB J. 2010;24:1229-1238.
• Martinuzzi K, Ryan S, Luna M, Copperman AB: Elevated Body Mass Index (BMI) Does Not Adversely Affect In Vitro Fertilization Outcome in Young Women. J Assist Reprod Genet 2008;25(5):169-75.
• Martinuzzi K, Copperman AB: Oocyte Cryopreservation for Elective Preservation of Reproductive Potential. Current Women’s Health Reviews; 2007(3):209-215.
• NIH funded research - Identification of Herpes Simplex Virus shedding in the female genital tract. DMID Protocol Number :11-0070. Collaborative Ped - Gyn/Ob study 2014-2018.
• NIH funded VTEU Maternal Breastfeeding Influenza Study, 2011-2013
• Vaccine and Treatment Evaluation Unit Agency Award Number: HHSN272200800005 PI: Mulligan,Mark Joseph NIH funded research evaluating Flumist and Fluzone in lactating women. Recruitment period 2011 and 2012.