Medical Education: Indiana University College of Medicine, MD, 1988
Residency: The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1992
Fellowship: University of Kansas Medical Center, Division of Infectious Diseases, 1994
Certifications: American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1995
• American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Practice Committee, 2011-2013
• American Society for Microbiology
• International Infectious Disease Society for Obstetrics and Gynecology
• Infectious Diseases Society for Obstetrics and Gynecology
• International Society for STD Research
• International Union Against Sexually Transmitted Diseases
• Dean’s Lecture, Butler University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, 2011
• National Institutes of Health Merit Award, Awarded in recognition of achievements of the Physician Data Query (PDQ) Screening and Prevention
Editorial Board, 2010
• Robert Todd Duncan Alumni Achievement Award, Butler University, 2007
• John Brewer Memorial Lecture, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, 2007
• Ella Grasso Memorial Lecture, Yale University, 2007
• Presidential Lecture, 13th European Cancer Conference, 2005
• American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists/Curatek Research Award in Lower Genital Infections, 1995
|Emory Clinic, Emory University Campus
Bldg A, 4th Floor
1365 Clifton Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30322
Directions and Map
Emory University School of Medicine
• Abnormal pap smears
• Treatment of cervical dysplasia
• Recurrent vaginitis
• Vulvar skin diseases
• Sexually transmitted infections
• Infectious diseases
• Women's health
Anal intraepithelial neoplasia and anal cancer: Who should be screened? Gattoc LP, Flowers L, Ault KA. Contemporary Ob/Gyn. 2012 April 1.
Behavioral and sociodemographic risk factors for serological and DNA evidence of HPV6, 11, 16, 18 infections. Wiley DJ, Masongsong EV, Lu S, Heather L S, Salem B, Giuliano AR, Ault KA, Haupt RM, Brown DR. Cancer Epidemiology. 2012 Jun;36(3):e183-9. Epub 2012 Jan 25.
Effect of the human papillomavirus (HPV) quadrivalent vaccine in a subgroup of women with cervical and vulvar disease: retrospective pooled analysis of trial data. Joura EA, Garland SM, Paavonen J, Ferris DG, Perez G, Ault KA, Huh WK, Sings HL, James MK, Haupt RM; FUTURE I and II Study Group. BMJ. 2012 Mar 27;344:e1401. doi: 10.1136/bmj.e1401.
Missed Opportunities: A National Survey of Obstetricians About Attitudes on Maternal and Infant Immunization. Link-Gelles R, Chamberlain AT, Schulkin J, Ault K, Whitney E, Seib K, Omer SB. Maternal Child Health J. 2011 Dec 24.
Ault KA. Cervical cancer prevention: better tests, better tools, and more equitable outcomes. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2011 Sep 21;103(18):1352-3. Epub 2011 Sep 6.
Ault KA, Joura E. Kjaer S, Iverness E et al. Adenocarcinoma in situ and associated human papillomavirus type distribution observed in two clinical trials of a quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine. International Journal of Cancer. 2011, 128(6):1344 – 53.
Ravel J. Gajera P. Abdob Z. Schneider GM et al (including Ault KA). Vaginal microbiome of reproductive – age women. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2010 Aug 19. www.pnas.org/cgi/doi/10.1073/pnas.1002611107
FUTURE I/II Study Group, Dillner J, Kjaer SK, Wheeler CM, et al (including Ault KA ). Four year efficacy of prophylactic human papillomavirus quadrivalent vaccine against low grade cervical, vulvar, and vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia and anogenital warts: randomised controlled trial. British Medical Journal. 2010, 20;341:c3493.
Forney LJ. Gajer P. Williams CJ. et al (including Ault KA). Comparison of self – collected and physician – collected vaginal swabs for microbiome analysis. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 2010, 48(5):1741 – 8.
Munoz N. Kjaer SK. Sigurdsson K. et al (including Ault KA). Impact of human papillomavirus (HPV) – 6/11/16/18 vaccine on all HPV – associated genital diseases in young women. Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2010, 102(5):325 – 39.
King M. Poya H. Rao J. et al (including Ault KA). CXCL13 expression in Chlamydia trachomatis infection of the female reproductive tract. Drugs of Today. 2009, 45 Suppl B:125 – 34.
Garland S. Ault KA. Gall SA, et al. Pregnancy and infant outcomes in the clinical trials of a human papillomavirus type 6/11/16/18 vaccine: a combined analysis of five randomized controlled trails. Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2009,114(6):1179 – 88.
Tamma PD. Ault KA. Del Rio, Carlos. Safety of influenza vaccination during pregnancy. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2009, 201(6):547 – 52.
Kjaer SK. Sigurdsson K. Iversen OE et al (including Ault KA). A pooled analysis of continued prophylactic efficacy of quadrivalent human papillomavirus (Types 6/11/16/18) vaccine against high – grade cervical and external genital lesions.Cancer Prevention Research. 2009, 2(10):868 – 78.