Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
Medical Education: Eastern Virginia Medical School, MD, 1986
Residency: Winthrop University Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1990
Fellowship: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, Reproductive Endocrinology Division, 1993
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1994
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, 1996
• American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
• American Medical Association
• Minnesota State Medical Association
• Zumbro Valley Medical Society
• American Society for Reproductive Medicine
• American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
• Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology
• Society for Gynecologic Investigation
• Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
• Senior Member, American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
• Southeastern Obstetrical and Gynecologic Society
• South Atlantic Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
• AAMC Professional Development Seminar for Mid-Career Women Faculty, 2009
• Atlanta Magazine's "Atlanta's Top Doctors," Castle Connolly Medical, Ltd, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2009, 2007, 2006
• "America's Top Doctor," Castle Connolly's Guide, 2008, 2007, 2003, 2001
• "Best Doctors in America," Ladies Home Journal, 2002
|Emory University Hospital Midtown
Emory Reproductive Center
Medical Office Tower, Suite 1800
550 Peachtree Street, NE
Atlanta, GA 30308
Directions and Map
Emory University Hospital Midtown
• In-vitro fertilization
• Reproductive surgery
• Regulation of genes expressed in the reproductive tract
• Evaluation of the expression of a Y chromosome specific gene in the testis
• The role of cyclin E in gynecologic malignancies
• Development of qualitative imaging methods to evaluate antral follicle counts and follicle growth responses to gonadotropins stimulation in women undergoing ovarian stimulation
Hipp H, Loucks TL, Nezhat C, Sidell N, Session DR. Anti- Müllerian Hormone in Peritoneal Fluid and Plasma From Women With and Without Endometriosis. Reprod Sci. 2015 Mar 29. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 25824010
Kawwass JF, Kissin DM, Kulkarni AD, Creanga AA, Session DR, Callaghan WM, Jamieson DJ; for the National ART Surveillance System (NASS) Group. Safety of Assisted Reproductive Technology in the United States, 2000-2011. JAMA. 2015 Jan 6;313(1):88-90. doi: 10.1001/jama.2014.14488. PMID: 25562272
Kawwass JF, Crawford S, Kissin DM, Session DR, Boulet S, Jamieson DJ. Tubal factor infertility and perinatal risk after assisted reproductive technology. Obstet Gynecol. 2013 Jun;121(6):1263-71. doi: 10.1097/AOG.0b013e31829006d9.
Pauli S, Session DR, Shang W, Wieser F, Taylor RN, Napoli JL, Kane MA, Sidell N. Analysis of follicular fluid retinoids in women undergoing in vitro fertilization: retinoic acid influences embryo quality and is reduced in women with endometriosis. Reprod Sci. 2013 Sep;20(9):1116-24. doi: 10.1177/1933719113477487. PMID:23427183
Kawwass JF, Monsour M, Crawford S, Kulkarni A, Session DR, Kissin D, Jamieson DJ. Trends and outcomes for donor oocyte cycles in the United States, 2000-2010. JAMA, 2013.
Foong SC, Abbott DH, Lesnick TG, Phy JL, Session DR, Tummon IS, Walker DL,Thornhill AR, Dumesic DA Diminished Intrafollicular Estradiol (E2) Levels in Women with Reduced Ovarian Responsiveness to Recombinant Human Follicle Stimulating Hormone (rhFSH) Therapy for In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Fertility and Sterility 2005:83/5;1377-1383.
Joshi, N, Kissin D, Anderson, JE, Session D, Macaluso M, Jamieson DJ. Trends and correlates of good perinatal outcomes in assisted reproductive technology. Obstet Gynecol. 2012 Oct; 120(4):843-51. PMID:22996102.
Walker DL, Gardner DK, Lane M, Tummon IS, Session DR, Thornhill A. Cryosystem assessment by glucose uptake of blastocysts. Reproductive Biomedicine Online. 2005:11;601-607.
Allemand MC, Dumesic DA, Tummon I, Session D, Morphological Criteria for the Diagnosis of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) by 3-Dimensional (3D) Transvaginal Ultrasound (TVUS), Fertility and Sterility Fertility & Sterility. 2006:85(1);214-9.
Park JK, Murphy AA, Bordeaux BL, Dominguez CE, Session DR. Ovulation induction in a poor responder with panhypopituitarism: a case report and review of the literature. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2007:23;82-86.
Session DR. Thyroid replacement and pregnancy. Georgia Chapter Resolve. The National Fertility Association Newsletter 2007 Session DR. Gynecologic ultrasound; and diagnosis of polycystic ovarian syndrome in adults, in Avoiding Common Errors in OB/GYN. Roberts CP & Bloomfield DP. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2010.