Lesley Conrad, MD
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Gynecologic Oncology
Office: The Emory Clinic, Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital and Emory Johns Creek
Education & Training
Medical School: Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport, 2005-2009
Internship: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2009-2010
Residency: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2010-2013
Galloway Resident: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Gynecologic Oncology, 2011
Felix Rutledge Fellowship: MD Anderson Cancer Center Gynecologic Oncology, 2013
Fellowship: Emory University School of Medicine Advanced Pelvic Surgery, 2013
Fellowship: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Gynecologic Oncology, 2013-2017
- Honored for saving the life of a critically ill obstetric patient, An Evening For Heroes, LSU Health Sciences Foundation, 2013
- Resident Teaching Award, Department of ObGyn, LSU Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA, 2010
- CREOG In-Service Category Award, LSU Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA, 2010, 2011
- Eli Lilly Oncology on Canvas Art Competition, Healthcare Professionals, Watercolor Division Winner, 2008
- Horton Generosity of Spirit Award, LSU Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA, 2009
Society and Professional Memberships
- Society of Gynecologic Oncology
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American College of Surgeons
Areas of Interest
- Gynecologic Cancers
- Cervical Cancer
- Fallopian Tube Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Peritoneal Cancer
- Uterine/Endometrial Cancer
- Vaginal Cancer
- Vulvar Cancer
- Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
- Medical Treatment of Gynecologic Cancer
- Chemotherapy, including Intraperitoneal
- Hormonal Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
- Clinical Trials
- Surgical Treatment of Gynecologic Cancer
- Fertility-Sparing Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery (Robotic-Assisted and Laparoscopy)
- Pelvic Exenteration
- Sentinel Lymph Node Mapping
PEER REVIEW PUBLICATIONS
- Gibson BA, Conrad LB, Huang D, Kraus WL. Generation and characterization of recombinant antibody-like ADP-ribose binding proteins. (Epub ahead of print, Biochemistry, Nov 22, 2017. PMID: 29053245).
- Conrad LB, Conrad SA, Miller DS, Richardson DL, Kehoe S, Lea JS. Factors influencing primary treatment of midline vulvar cancers. Gynecologic Oncology. 2016 Jul; 142 (1): 133-138. PMID: 27132089.
- Conrad LB. In Reply: Management of Persistent Postpartum Hemorrhage Caused by Inner Myometrial Lacerations. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2015 Dec; 126(6): 1307-08. PMID: 26595565.
- Conrad LB, Groome LJ, Black DR. Management of persistent postpartum hemorrhage caused by inner myometrial lacerations. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2015 Aug; 126(2): 266-9. PMID: 25923024.
- Ring KL, Ramirez PT, Conrad LB, Burke W, Naumann RW, Munsell MF, Frumovitz M. Make new friends but keep the old: minimally invasive surgery training in gynecologic oncology fellowship programs. International Journal of Gynecologic Cancer. 2015 Jul; 25(6): 1115-20. PMID: 26067857.
- Conrad LB, Ramirez PT, Burke W, Naumann RW, Ring KL, Munsell MF, Frumovitz M. Role of minimally invasive surgery in gynecologic oncology: an updated survey of members of the Society of Gynecologic Oncology. International Journal of Gynecologic Cancer. 2015 Jul; 25(6): 1121-7. PMID: 25860841.
- Kakkilaya V, Groome LJ, Platt D, Kurepa D, Pramanik A, Caldito G, Conrad L, Bocchini JA Jr, Davis TC. Development of a visual aid to improve counseling at the threshold of viability. Pediatrics. 2011 Dec; 128(6): e1511-9. PMID: 22106080.
- Conrad LB, Awdeh H, Bailey AA, Miller D, Lea JS. Core muscle index is prognostic of survival in advanced ovarian cancers. Gynecologic Oncology. 2016 Oct; 148(1): 206-207.
- Conrad LB, Awdeh H, Acosta-Torres S, Conrad SA, Bailey AA, Lea JS. Impact of Preoperative Sarcopenia and Malnutrition on Outcomes in Advanced Ovarian Cancer. Poster Presentation. American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting, Washington D.C., May 14-17, 2016. Published in Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2016 May: 127 (Supplement 1): 135S.
- Conrad LB, Nandu T, Gibson BA, Lea JS, Kraus WL. Identification of distinct ADPribosylation patterns and gene expression in ovarian cancer: relationship to clinical outcomes. Poster Presentation. The PARP Family and ADP-ribosylation, Cold Spring Harbor Annual Meeting, New York, April 13-16, 2016.
- Awdeh H, Conrad LB, Bailey AA. Gluteal muscle cross-sectional area on CT scan could be a potential alternative indicator of sarcopenia in cases were the psoas muscle is not imaged, 4th Annual Radiology Research Day, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, April 26, 2016.
- Conrad LB, Nandu T, Gibson BA, Lea JS, Kraus WL. Identification of distinct ADPribosylation patterns in ovarian cancer: a novel biomarker for therapy response. Featured Poster Presentation. Society for Gynecologic Oncology Annual Meeting, San Diego, California, March 19-22, 2016.
- Conrad LB, Miller D, Kehoe S, Richardson D, Lea J. Defining optimal management of midline vulvar cancers. Oral Presentation. Western Association of Gynecologic Oncology Annual Meeting, Santa Rosa, California, June 10-13, 2015. Published in Gynecologic Oncology. 2015 Oct; 139(1): 179.
- Conrad LB, Miller D, Kehoe S, Richardson D, Lea J. Factors influencing primary treatment of advanced vulvar cancer. Oral Presentation. American Brachytherapy Society Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, July 12-14, 2014. Published in Brachytherapy. 2015 Jan; 14(1): 107.
- Manders DB, Nagel C, Conrad L, Lin K, Richardson D, Kehoe S, Miller D, Lea J. Poster presentation. Total laparoscopic radical hysterectomy in the obese patient. Published in Brachytherapy. 2015 Jan; 14(1): 94.
- Ramirez PT, Odetto D, Conrad L. Robotic Para-Aortic Lymphadenectomy. Video Presentation. AAGL Global Congress of Minimally Invasive Gynecology Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C., November 11-12, 2013. Published in The Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology. 2013 Nov/Dec; 20(6): S50-S94
- Dasch GA, Dingle BM, Conrad LB, Eremeeva ME. Pulsed field gel and SDSpolyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and western blotting characterization of Bartonella bacilliformis (Presented by GA Dasch), Infectious Disease International Conference on Emerging Infectious Diseases (ICEID) 2004, Atlanta, Georgia, February 29 – March 3, 2004.
- Dasch GA, Dingle BM, Conrad LB, Eremeeva ME. Pulsed field gel and SDSpolyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and western blotting characterization of Bartonella bacilliformis (Presented by GA Dasch), American Society for Rickettsiology Annual Meeting, Cumberland, Maryland, September 28 – October 1, 2003.
- Loftis A, Conrad LB. Using real-time PCR to investigate the transmission of Erhlichia chaffeensis to Amblyomma americanum. Agnes Scott College Annual Research Conference, Decatur, GA, April 2003.