Adjunct faculty members volunteer their time and expertise and participate with the regular Departmental faculty in training and supervising residents and medical students. Adjunct faculty can participate in the Department by providing coverage at clinical sites including labor and delivery and outpatient clinics at Grady Memorial Hospital, as well. They are physicians in practice in the Atlanta area and many of them completed residency training in the Department.
Dear Interested Volunteer:
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics Adjunct Faculty (volunteer clinical faculty). The core of our mission is to continually develop and sustain our clinical, research and education programs. We are excited to hear more about you and your interest in working with our department in advancing our academic mission.
Please review the criteria for volunteer Adjunct Faculty Appointment & Promotion and then submit the following information:
- A letter of interest which includes how you plan to assist us in promoting our mission
- A completed Application for Adjunct Faculty Appointment (link to application)
- A copy of your Georgia Medical License
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A completed and signed Consent to Personal Records/History Release, included in this packet
- A letter of recommendation from a current full-time Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Gynecology & Obstetrics faculty member
Upon receipt of this information, we will review your information and route your packet for approval. You will hear from our office after this time.
Should you have any questions about our application process, please feel free to call the office of the chair at 404-727-8600. Again, thank you for your interest and commitment to excellence in education and clinical practice.
Penny Castellano, MD
Interim Chair and Professor