Helpful Links for Faculty
University and School
Informational Links for New Faculty
Adapted from the 2015 School of Medicine New Faculty Orientation
2. Statement of Principles Governing Faculty Relationships (“The Gray Book”)
5. Information Technology Resources
a. Email: Information about your email account (Exchange)
b. Box: Online file sharing tool
c. Online Campus Directory
d. Virtual Private Network (VPN) – How to connect to Emory’s secure server off campus.
e. Telephone Support (dial 7-2323) – For Emory landline telephones – dial 404-727-2323 from a non-campus phone, change your voicemail password, tech support for telephones, etc.
f. Research IT Resources – Custom support for your research; all resources come with free consultation.
g. IT support – Call 7-7777 for university requests or 8-HELP for Emory Healthcare requests. Information on other types of support can be found here.
6. Electronic Systems – (Emory Proposal Express, Conflict of Interest System, eIRB, etc.)
7. Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) Fact Sheet – Fringe rates & other important information you will need for your grants.
8. Research Administration
a. IRB – Consent toolkit, VA and Grady Forms, New Submission Guidance, etc.
b. Technology Transfer
c. Office for Clinical Research
d. Research administration shared services: Pre and post grant administration
e. Environmental Health and Safety
f. Division of Animal Resources
g. Conflict of interest policies
h. Research Misconduct
i. Guidelines for Responsible Conduct of Scholarship and Research
9. Compliance Office – Website providing linkes to compliance programs.
10. eCOI - University and Healthcare system-wide tool that helps to implement Emory's policies and procedures regarding financial interests and external activities
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
4. Online Faculty Resources – Links to Career Development Conference Report, Chair’s Evaluation for Faculty Development Performance, eCOI form, Faculty Time Record.
5. Faculty Development Programs
a. Faculty Development Lecture Series
b. Learning to be Better Teachers and Other Leadership Courses
c. Junior Faculty Development Course
e. WHSC Woodruff Leadership Academy
f. Clinical Research Bootcamp
6. Guidelines on Promotion, Appointment, & Tenure
We encourage you to give special attention to the School's Guidelines on Appointment, Promotion, and Tenure. The guidelines provide information that will be important for your professional development and advancement of your career goals at Emory. We urge you to become familiar with the criteria for promotion applicable to your rank and track; to establish, in consultation with your faculty supervisor and Chair, professional goals consistent with those criteria; and to monitor and regularly discuss with your supervisor and Chair your progress toward those goals and promotion.
7. Department Procedures for Appointments and Promotions – Links to checklists for Information on Appointment and Promotion Process to senior tracks, formats for curriculum vitae and teaching portfolio. CV Template
9. Please note that the School of Medicine has adopted a Policy on Industry and Other Professional External Relationships. Industry Relations Policies
All faculty are required to use our eCOI reporting system to report their external personal arrangements and additional information needed for review and resolution of potential conflicts of interest. As part of eCOI, all faculty must certify, by December 31stst of each year, that they have read and understood the Policy on Industry and Other Professional Relationships and have provided all information regarding their personal external arrangements.
This policy and the University’s eCOI system are important in enabling our faculty to have appropriate and productive relationships with industry while ensuring the integrity of our research, education, and clinical missions.
12. Atlanta Clinical and Translational Science Institute (ACTSI) – An NIH-funded partnership of Emory University, Georgia Tech, and Morehouse School of Medicine aimed toward fortifying and accelerating scientific discoveries to patient.